Changes to the State Pensionable Age are set to boost economic growth over the next 20 years, but the extent of this boost will vary across the country - and will depend on local successes in creating additional jobs.
What we do
Smart Growth Analytics is a leading economic research consultancy specialising in the provision of local area intelligence to inform evidence- based planning and decision-making. more
Our media coverage
- The Independent: Should every home have a home office?
- BBC Radio Surrey: Interview with Jim Plunkett-Cole
- LocalGov.co.uk: Surrey named as home working hotspot
- LondonLovesBusiness.com: Home offices spring up across London
- PropertyTalkLive.co.uk: UK's top home office hotspot revealed
- Outsourcery.co.uk: Survey reveals importance of home offices
- Total Investor: Surrey is the country's top home office hotspot
- AOL Money: Surrey tops home office league table
- AboutProperty.co.uk: Surrey named as top 'home office' hotspot
- Broadband-Finder.co.uk: Surrey is England's top home office hotspot, research shows
- Smart New Homes: Home offices in high demand in Surrey
- WiFi Hotspot: The country's home office hotspots revealed
- Work from Home: Surrey top for homeworkers
Recent specialist areas of research
We provide economic intelligence to inform business plans of both the Private Sector and the Public Sector, including planning activities of economic development organisations. We provide Regional Growth Fund support, Core Strategy development and Inward Investment Support. more
- Evaluation of Outset Bristol Business Support Programme, 2013
- Impact Evaluation of the South West Composites Business Support Programme, 2013
- Economic Impact of Major Investment Proposals, 2013
- Home Office Broadband Demand Study in Bath & North East Somerset, 2012
- Rural Growth Network Workhub Analysis for Wiltshire, 2012
- Bath and North East Somerset Labour Market Strategy Options Paper, 2012
- Bath and North East Somerset Labour Market Assessment, 2012
What our clients say
Smart Growth Analytics were chosen because of their clear understanding of the complexities of the European funding stream, and of the outcomes and outputs that the project sought to deliver.
Nick Hall, GWE Business West
Jim is one of the very few business economists who has a modern toolkit, readily available to help you tackle the most challenging business growth programme.
The economic profiling and action plans he provides are always in depth and provide a comprehensive economic platform to help you confidently take forward a wide range of strategic plans.
He is capable of working at national, regional, local and business to business levels. He also has a vast experience working with government departments.
Tony Haffenden, Conversational Business Coach more testimonials